Take a holiday with the children at Woolley Grange
Woolley Grange, part of the Luxury Family Hotel collection, is a beautiful Jacobean manor house standing in 14 acres of grounds with an Elemis spa, two swimming pools and an Ofsted registered crèche: the Woolley Bears Den. The hotel is located on the outskirts of the medieval wool town of Bradford-on-Avon, only six miles from beautiful Bath. What sets the hotel apart from most others is its complete family focus. Here parents can relax and not worry about whether their baby cries or if they have forgotten some vital bit of kit.
If you want to venture out for a date night without baby, the restaurant offers cuisine using fresh produce from the hotel’s walled garden and guests can benefit from the complimentary baby listening service too or pre-book and pay for a babysitter if preferred.
For every night guests stay, those with babies over 12 weeks old can book two hours of free daily childcare at the Woolley Bears Den supervised by qualified staff.
The Elemis spa is a good place to recover with some blissful treatments and the swimming pool is warm and clean for baby’s first swim. Added to that there are farm animals (at the last count Rosie the pig, Simon the rabbit, a flock of comical Indian runner ducks and chickens galore), play houses and much more.
A guide price for a family of mum, dad and baby for a week, Bed and Breakfast
Woolley Grange currently has a ‘Baby’s First Stay Away’ break.
This is a two night dinner, bed and breakfast break Monday to Wednesday and includes a lovely gift hamper, a ‘Baby’s First Swim’ lesson for one parent and their baby with a qualified baby swim instructor from Puddle Ducks swim school and a lie-in for parents on the Wednesday morning when members of the childcare team pick up baby from the room at 8am for the fun Baby’s Breakfast Club in the Woolley Bears Den. Prices start from £369 for 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast.
Idea of things to do in the location
There is plenty to see and do around the hotel. Here’s a few ideas:
- Visit Bradford on Avon (a 15 minute downhill walk or 5 minutes in the car). This medieval wool town is full of beautiful Cotswold stone buildings, a 15th Century tithe barn, Saxon church and numerous artisan shops and cafes.
- Bath is 6 miles away. Great for shopping, sightseeing and restaurants or just for enjoying the beautiful heritage. The Roman Baths, Royal Crescent, the Circus and the Abbey are all worth a visit. Lots of family friendly cafes and lovely baby shops.
- Lacock Abbey and village are just 10 minutes away. This beautiful National Trust Cotswold gem is where many film scenes have been shot including Harry Potter.
- Farm shops and petting farms. These abound but nearby favourites are Hartley Farm and the Hope Nature Centre.
- Castle Combe…another pretty Cotswold village renowned for its beauty and not far from Woolley.
How to get there
BY ROAD Distance from major UK cities Bath 6 miles 20 mins, Bristol 26 miles 40 mins, Birmingham 103 miles 1 hour, London 110 miles 2 hours, Manchester 180 miles 3 hours 20 mins
BY TRAIN Nearest stations Bradford-on-Avon Station 5 mins by taxi, Bath Spa Station 20 mins by taxi, Chippenham Station 20 mins by taxi, London Paddington Station to Bradford-on-Avon 2 hours, Bristol Temple Meads Station to Bradford-on-Avon 30 mins, Birmingham New Street Station to Bradford-on-Avon 2 hours 10 mins.
BY AIR Bristol International Airport 55 mins by taxi.