Looking for a holiday in Portugal where you can explore all the great facilities and still be in a location where your kids are well looked after? Read our Four Seasons Fairways Algarve review for inspiration
Four Seasons is one of the Algarve’s most popular villa resorts, with a range of two and three-bedroom Portuguese style villas set in tranquil countryside.
Furnished and equipped to high standards, each villa has a private pool or jacuzzi on a private terrace, complete with your own barbecue. A two-bedroom villa with pool has a first floor bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, a ground floor twin bedroom and separate bathroom plus fully fitted kitchen, lounge and dining area, all beautifully furnished in bright colours.
The Clubhouse has recently been refurbished by interior designers Quinta Style, blending contemporary design with a Portuguese twist.
There are numerous one-off handmade pieces throughout the resort, wherever possible locally sourced, with fabrics and furniture all made in Portugal.
Crittall windows have a brushed copper effect to reflect traditional Portuguese cooking pans, there’s a glass-walled wine cellar, a stunning indoor-outdoor bar and two heated swimming pools.
The intimate Amara restaurant serves contemporary cuisine with a Portuguese twist, or try the VIVO Bistro & Cocktail Lounge for more relaxed dining.
With over 3,000 hours of sunshine in the Algarve each year, the resort is great for golf fans and there are more than 30 courses nearby with reduced green-fees for Four Seasons guests – great whether you’re a semi-pro or a keen beginner.
The spectacular ‘Upside Down World’ Kids’ Club has a range of activities for children aged from four to 12 years, with a programme including art and craft, face painting, cooking, movie time, tennis, swimming, excursions to the water slide park, mini golf and karting.
During the day there’s also a rage of fun outdoor activities including visiting the water sports academy, playing miniature golf and doing a little go-karting. Your little ones can also learn to swim.
For parents wanting to relax and take some time out on their own, there’s a babysitting service available, so you can dine or head out to a local attraction knowing your child is in safe hands.
Alternatively, enjoy a relaxing treatment or sauna in the on-site spa or head out for outdoor activities.
Four Seasons Fairways; the best bits
- Only three hours from the UK and then just under 25 minutes from Faro Airport to the resort
- The area has warm, mild winters – this means it’s ideal for family outdoor activities and ensuring that the kids have lots of fresh air and that you can get out and about as a family
- Car hire can be arranged with age-appropriate car seats
- Highchairs, strollers and cots can all be provided upon request
- The new creche is ideal for your little ones and there are great facilities including heated indoor and outdoor pools
- Staying here is stress free – you have a whole team at your disposal for any requirements you might have, plus a small wellness centre for a spot of pampering
- Babysitting can be arranged on request
- You will find suppies in your villa on arrival, so there’s no need to pack nappies or other baby essentials; a shopping list is sent to you to order in advance so it’s all there ready waiting for you when you arrive
- Make it a whole family affair and bring the grandparents along for even more of a holiday. They can come too for 105Euros per person when booking the villa
Book it: Two adults plus a child in a two bedroom villa/apartment for seven nights, daily a la carte breakfast for the parents, free access to Kids’ Club for the child and return Faro Airport transfers, from £839