When your baby is just starting to try first purées, from about six months old.
With thanks to Annabel Karmel for the recipe content.
Blueberry, Pear and BananaBlueberry, Pear and Banana
Suitable from 6 months, makes 3 portions
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 150g blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- Put the pears and blueberries into a saucepan.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the banana and blend until smooth.
Cantaloupe, Melon and Strawberry
Suitable from 6 months, makes 2 portions, suitable for freezing
- ¼ cantaloupe melon, deseeded
- 2 strawberries, hulled and washed
- 2 tbsp baby rice
- Scoop out the flesh of the melon and chop, then puree the melon and strawberries using an electric hand blender.
- Stir in the baby rice.
Suitable from 6 months, makes 4 portions, suitable for freezing
- 2 sweet dessert apples (such as Pink Lady, Royal Gala or Jazz), peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 – 5 tbsp water or pure unsweetened apple juice
- Put the apples into a heavy-based saucepan, along with the water or apple juice.
- Cover, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 6 – 8 minutes, until really tender. Alternatively, steam the apples for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor or using a hand blender. If steaming, you could use some of the water from the bottom of the steamer to thin out the puree.
Ready to move to the next stage? See our Stage Two recipes here.
Read our interview with baby food expert, Annabel Karmel about how to cope with fussy eaters and how to ensure your baby eats well